These are the same blueberries I was talking about a few days back while making my Blueberry crumble cake. I got them on sale and now I can buy them whenever they are on sale because I can make two perfect items from these bluey blueberries. One is the crumble cake and another is this glossy jam which uses a whole lot of blueberries. I am waiting to find a good recipe for blueberry muffins too but still havent formulated one or even browsed for one. If you guys come across one good recipe please do pass me the link.. My toddler son just loves muffins..especially banana nut muffins.Those are his favorite. Whenever I make it, I dont have to give it to him,he helps himself by opening the fridge and taking it. I have to just nuke a little.So friends, if you find a good recipe for blueberry muffins please do pass it on to me.
blueberries - 1 pint
sugar - 1 cup
juice of half a lemon
- Grind blueberries to an almost smooth paste.
- Heat a stockpot. Add blueberries and sugar to the stock pot.
- Now let the mixture heat up and bubble slowly for about 15 min making sure the temp is med. The reason for keeping medium temp is taking care not to burn the jam.
- Now add the lemon juice and let it bubble for another 20 - 25 min.
- Remove from heat and after few min the jam will be set.
- While making bread toast, apply a layer of butter on the bread,then spread the blueberry jam for a nice,delicious taste.